Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pearls and Swine and Hats by Leko

I've always loved hats. When I was a kid growing up, I had a collection of fancy hats that I had hanging on my wall. (I kid you not). When I was around 16-17 I started teaching myself how to mold and create hats for my work as a living historian. This year for my birthday I asked my parents to get me a few hat forms from the wholesale millinery company Hats by Leko. I was super excited to pick out my hat frames and went with the following;

A pancake hat  frame(something I've wanted since I saw Tori Amos wear one at a concert)


A 'flapper' hat (cloche) as I really love them.



 A tear-shaped fascinator.



And finally for my Regency reenactments a twisted seagrass hood,


that can be blocked to make the famous poke bonnet Kate Winslet wore in Sense and Sensibility.



So after getting these amazing frames I began to shop the web for some inspiration and I discovered an amazing company called Pearls and Swine.

She makes fantasy hats and who doesn't want to live in a fantasy?









So like most people, I liked these two company's on facebook and lo and behold, a week later Pearls and Swine did a drawing/giveaway. I entered and today the winners were announced and I won! I'm so excited as I've never actually won anything from any giveaway and I really love this company. The amazing and talented woman behind these amazing hats has also decided to do monthly giveaways so you all need to check her out!

Links:

Hats by Leko
Hats by Leko on facebook

Pearls and Swine
Pearls and Swine on facebook

I'm so excited I could hug myself! (and if you knew how little I like hugs you'd probably realize what a big deal that is)




No comments:

Post a Comment